For businesses with up to 300 users, Microsoft provide the Microsoft 365 Business license that gives companies the productivity suite of Office 365 apps such as Word and Outlook, as well as access to Microsoft Teams and SharePoint for collaboration and document management.
Whilst these tools are a great way to achieve a large portion of your business needs, Microsoft has a premium license offering for businesses that want more security and management features, called Microsoft 365 Business Premium, instead of Standard or Basic. With this license upgrade you gain access to a set of enterprise features that have typically only been available to large organisations – until now. These include tools that are great if you’re looking for improved device management, advanced security or have any concerns around DLP or compliance.
Below is a list of the main features that are on offer for Microsoft 365 Business Premium licensed users.
- Defender for Business – Offers enterprise-grade endpoint protection in an easy-to-use and cost-effective package for businesses.
- Defender for Office 365 – Protect against sophisticated threats hidden in email attachments and links, and get cutting-edge defences against phishing attacks
- Safe Attachments – uses a virtual environment to check attachments in email messages before they’re delivered to recipients (a process known as detonation).
- Safe Links – Helps protect your organization from malicious links that are used in phishing and other attacks by URL scanning and rewriting of inbound email messages and time-of-click verification of URLs and links in email messages and other locations.
- App protection for Office mobile apps – Restrict the copying or saving of company information to unauthorized apps and locations
- Information Rights Management – Control who has access to company information by applying restrictions like do not copy and do not forward with
- Conditional Access – Help employees securely access business apps wherever they work while helping prevent unauthorized access
- 5TB online email archive – Move a huge number of emails to an online archive.
- Azure Virtual Desktop – Allow users to take advantage of a web-based Windows desktop experience anywhere in the world.
Leap IT is here to take your businesses IT to where it needs to be. We have been delivering IT Managed services throughout Birmingham, The West Midlands and across the UK for over 20 years and on behalf of more than 350 businesses. We work closely with you to really understand what your business needs so that we can make sure you always receive the best advice and achieve the best value.
With a breadth of solutions spanning IT Support, Communications, Cloud Computing and Print we see that you IT is completely covered from end to end.